Subject: [PATCH v2 11/13] ARM: only include mach/irqs.h for !SPARSE_IRQ

From: [email-masked] (Rob Herring)
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 15:23:01 -0600

On 01/20/2012 03:11 PM, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jan 2012, Rob Herring wrote:
> 
>> From: Rob Herring <[email-masked]>
>>
>> Make mach/irqs.h optional for SPARSE_IRQ. With this change irqs.h can be
>> removed by converting platforms over to sparse irq.
>>
>> This intentionally breaks platforms that enable SPARSE_IRQ.
> 
> I don't get what you mean here.  The above seems contradictory.
> 

You're right. The intro explains things more clearly. This breaks
platforms (at boot time) that don't select SPARSE_IRQ, but let users
enable it in their config. I don't understand why sparse irq is a user
visible config option. We could move HAVE_SPARSE_IRQ down to each
platform that selects SPARSE_IRQ and prevent enabling, but I think
allowing it to break is good encouragement for others to fix those
platforms. I'm open to other ideas.

Rob