Subject: remoteproc: Load coprocessor code to the specific main memory location

From: [email-masked] (Michal Simek)
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 14:07:57 +0100

Ohad Ben-Cohen wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Michal Simek <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> I should be more specific. Can you point me to remoteproc code which publish
>> remote service based on them Linux rpmsg driver will be probed? It is rtos
>> part of code.
>> In your ELCE presentation is called rpmsg-client-sample service.
> 
> Sorry for the late response (I'm in ELC).
> 
> Yes, use the client sample (which is part of the submitted patch set)
> and not the omx/server samples (which are public, but were never
> submitted nor cleaned up).

Client sample is clear because it is probed when services are published.

> 
> The channels are created dynamically: the rpmsg bus designates address
> 53 for a name service, which listens to channel creation/removal
> announcements coming from the remote processor. Take a look in
> virtio_rpmsg_bus.c and you'll immediately see it.

I see that values but I can't see how rtos should send that messages.

Have checked both vrings - one for rx and one for tx. They are
initialized correctly on addresses I like.

(gdb) x /80x 0xe1100000
0xe1100000:     0x31140000      0x00000000      0x00000200      0x00010002
0xe1100010:     0x31140200      0x00000000      0x00000200      0x00020002
0xe1100020:     0x31140400      0x00000000      0x00000200      0x00030002
0xe1100030:     0x31140600      0x00000000      0x00000200      0x00040002
0xe1100040:     0x31140800      0x00000000      0x00000200      0x00050002

(gdb) x /80x 0xe1104000
0xe1104000:     0x00000000      0x00000000      0x00000000      0x00010000
0xe1104010:     0x00000000      0x00000000      0x00000000      0x00020000
0xe1104020:     0x00000000      0x00000000      0x00000000      0x00030000
0xe1104030:     0x00000000      0x00000000      0x00000000      0x00040000
0xe1104040:     0x00000000      0x00000000      0x00000000      0x00050000
0xe1104050:     0x00000000      0x00000000      0x00000000      0x00060000
0xe1104060:     0x00000000      0x00000000      0x00000000      0x00070000

rtos can handle kick from Linux
Linux is able to catch kick from freertos and run rproc_vg_interrupt

 From code I see that in rpmsg_probe function is virtqueue_kick which means sending
kick to rtos. Then rtos can send the message.

Above is condition "if (virtio_has_feature(vdev, VIRTIO_RPMSG_F_NS))" which is failing for me.
Not sure if is correct.

I am still not sure how to propagate that messages from rtos side.
In TI software it is in NameMap.c file which calls MessageQCopy_send function with address 53(which fits).
If I look at that function you copy data to msg->payload, setup data length, dstAddr is 53, srcAddr is don't know yet,
flag is 0, reserverd is 0 then you call VirtQueue_addUsedBuf and kick.

How does look like that structure for vring channels? It is probably mapped any structure. Can you point me which one?
Channel description is rpmsg_channel_info struct.

Thanks,
Michal

-- 
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng)
w: www.monstr.eu p: +42-0-721842854
Maintainer of Linux kernel 2.6 Microblaze Linux - http://www.monstr.eu/fdt/
Microblaze U-BOOT custodian