Subject: [PATCH 07/15] ARM: at91: clean-up mach/io.h

From: [email-masked] (Nicolas Ferre)
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 18:26:32 +0100

On 02/16/2012 03:23 PM, Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD :
> On 08:08 Thu 16 Feb     , Rob Herring wrote:
>> On 02/16/2012 01:43 AM, Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD wrote:
>>> On 07:24 Tue 14 Feb     , Rob Herring wrote:
>>>> On 02/14/2012 03:21 AM, Nicolas Ferre wrote:
>>>>> On 02/13/2012 10:43 PM, Rob Herring :
>>>>>> From: Rob Herring <[email-masked]>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Move most of io.h into at91_io.h and update includes.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Signed-off-by: Rob Herring <[email-masked]>
>>>>>> ---
>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91cap9.c                     |    1 +
>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91cap9_devices.c             |    1 +
>>>>>
>>>>> Please do not touch the "*cap9*" files anymore: They are scheduled for
>>>>> removal for 3.4 kernel:
>>>>> Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt
>>>>
>>>> Okay.
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91rm9200.c                   |    1 +
>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91rm9200_devices.c           |    1 +
>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91rm9200_time.c              |    1 +
>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91sam9260.c                  |    1 +
>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91sam9260_devices.c          |    1 +
>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91sam9261.c                  |    1 +
>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91sam9261_devices.c          |    1 +
>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91sam9263.c                  |    1 +
>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91sam9263_devices.c          |    1 +
>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91sam9g45.c                  |    1 +
>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91sam9g45_devices.c          |    1 +
>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91sam9rl.c                   |    1 +
>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91sam9rl_devices.c           |    1 +
>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91x40.c                      |    1 +
>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91x40_time.c                 |    1 +
>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/board-cap9adk.c                |    1 +
>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/board-cpu9krea.c               |    1 +
>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/board-eco920.c                 |    1 +
>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/board-yl-9200.c                |    1 +
>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/clock.c                        |    1 +
>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/include/mach/at91_io.h         |   44 +++++++++++++++++++++
>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/include/mach/at91sam9_ddrsdr.h |    2 +
>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/include/mach/at91sam9_sdramc.h |    2 +
>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/include/mach/uncompress.h      |    1 +
>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/pm.c                           |    1 +
>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/pm.h                           |    2 +
>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/setup.c                        |    1 +
>>>>>>  drivers/pcmcia/at91_cf.c                          |    1 +
>>>>>>  drivers/rtc/rtc-at91sam9.c                        |    2 +-
>>>>>>  drivers/usb/gadget/at91_udc.c                     |    1 +
>>>>>>  drivers/watchdog/at91rm9200_wdt.c                 |    1 +
>>>>>>  drivers/watchdog/at91sam9_wdt.c                   |    1 +
>>>>>>  34 files changed, 80 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)
>>>>>>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-at91/include/mach/at91_io.h
>>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> snip
>>>>
>>>>>> diff --git a/arch/arm/mach-at91/include/mach/at91sam9_ddrsdr.h b/arch/arm/mach-at91/include/mach/at91sam9_ddrsdr.h
>>>>>> index e2f8da8..0427212 100644
>>>>>> --- a/arch/arm/mach-at91/include/mach/at91sam9_ddrsdr.h
>>>>>> +++ b/arch/arm/mach-at91/include/mach/at91sam9_ddrsdr.h
>>>>>> @@ -12,6 +12,8 @@
>>>>>>  #ifndef AT91SAM9_DDRSDR_H
>>>>>>  #define AT91SAM9_DDRSDR_H
>>>>>>  
>>>>>> +#include <mach/at91_io.h>
>>>>>
>>>>> Do we need this include in header files?
>>>>
>>>> Yes, for at91_sys_write/read used at the bottom.
>>> no need I droped the at91_sys_read/write for 3.4
>>>
>>
>> Everywhere or just this header? Is this in a stable branch somewhere?
> everywhere
> 
> I'm preparing it

Jean and I have worked on this for the last two weeks... and I think
that we have something you can take as an example:
  git://github.com/at91linux/linux-at91.git at91-3.4-base2+cleanup

I will not qualify this branch as "stable" as it is not yet included in
arm-soc git tree (pull request sent at the very moment). But I think
that you will be able to rely on it once it will be included in arm-soc.
On the other hand, if it sound too late for you, we can adapt your work
on top of that new branch of ours.

Best regards,
-- 
Nicolas Ferre