Subject: [PATCH 07/15] ARM: at91: clean-up mach/io.h

From: [email-masked] (Rob Herring)
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 10:55:45 -0600

On 02/23/2012 11:26 AM, Nicolas Ferre wrote:
> On 02/16/2012 03:23 PM, Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD :
>> On 08:08 Thu 16 Feb     , Rob Herring wrote:
>>> On 02/16/2012 01:43 AM, Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD wrote:
>>>> On 07:24 Tue 14 Feb     , Rob Herring wrote:
>>>>> On 02/14/2012 03:21 AM, Nicolas Ferre wrote:
>>>>>> On 02/13/2012 10:43 PM, Rob Herring :
>>>>>>> From: Rob Herring <[email-masked]>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Move most of io.h into at91_io.h and update includes.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Signed-off-by: Rob Herring <[email-masked]>
>>>>>>> ---
>>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91cap9.c                     |    1 +
>>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91cap9_devices.c             |    1 +
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Please do not touch the "*cap9*" files anymore: They are scheduled for
>>>>>> removal for 3.4 kernel:
>>>>>> Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt
>>>>>
>>>>> Okay.
>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91rm9200.c                   |    1 +
>>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91rm9200_devices.c           |    1 +
>>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91rm9200_time.c              |    1 +
>>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91sam9260.c                  |    1 +
>>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91sam9260_devices.c          |    1 +
>>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91sam9261.c                  |    1 +
>>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91sam9261_devices.c          |    1 +
>>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91sam9263.c                  |    1 +
>>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91sam9263_devices.c          |    1 +
>>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91sam9g45.c                  |    1 +
>>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91sam9g45_devices.c          |    1 +
>>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91sam9rl.c                   |    1 +
>>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91sam9rl_devices.c           |    1 +
>>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91x40.c                      |    1 +
>>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/at91x40_time.c                 |    1 +
>>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/board-cap9adk.c                |    1 +
>>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/board-cpu9krea.c               |    1 +
>>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/board-eco920.c                 |    1 +
>>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/board-yl-9200.c                |    1 +
>>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/clock.c                        |    1 +
>>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/include/mach/at91_io.h         |   44 +++++++++++++++++++++
>>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/include/mach/at91sam9_ddrsdr.h |    2 +
>>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/include/mach/at91sam9_sdramc.h |    2 +
>>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/include/mach/uncompress.h      |    1 +
>>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/pm.c                           |    1 +
>>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/pm.h                           |    2 +
>>>>>>>  arch/arm/mach-at91/setup.c                        |    1 +
>>>>>>>  drivers/pcmcia/at91_cf.c                          |    1 +
>>>>>>>  drivers/rtc/rtc-at91sam9.c                        |    2 +-
>>>>>>>  drivers/usb/gadget/at91_udc.c                     |    1 +
>>>>>>>  drivers/watchdog/at91rm9200_wdt.c                 |    1 +
>>>>>>>  drivers/watchdog/at91sam9_wdt.c                   |    1 +
>>>>>>>  34 files changed, 80 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)
>>>>>>>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-at91/include/mach/at91_io.h
>>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> snip
>>>>>
>>>>>>> diff --git a/arch/arm/mach-at91/include/mach/at91sam9_ddrsdr.h b/arch/arm/mach-at91/include/mach/at91sam9_ddrsdr.h
>>>>>>> index e2f8da8..0427212 100644
>>>>>>> --- a/arch/arm/mach-at91/include/mach/at91sam9_ddrsdr.h
>>>>>>> +++ b/arch/arm/mach-at91/include/mach/at91sam9_ddrsdr.h
>>>>>>> @@ -12,6 +12,8 @@
>>>>>>>  #ifndef AT91SAM9_DDRSDR_H
>>>>>>>  #define AT91SAM9_DDRSDR_H
>>>>>>>  
>>>>>>> +#include <mach/at91_io.h>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Do we need this include in header files?
>>>>>
>>>>> Yes, for at91_sys_write/read used at the bottom.
>>>> no need I droped the at91_sys_read/write for 3.4
>>>>
>>>
>>> Everywhere or just this header? Is this in a stable branch somewhere?
>> everywhere
>>
>> I'm preparing it
> 
> Jean and I have worked on this for the last two weeks... and I think
> that we have something you can take as an example:
>   git://github.com/at91linux/linux-at91.git at91-3.4-base2+cleanup
> 
> I will not qualify this branch as "stable" as it is not yet included in
> arm-soc git tree (pull request sent at the very moment). But I think
> that you will be able to rely on it once it will be included in arm-soc.
> On the other hand, if it sound too late for you, we can adapt your work
> on top of that new branch of ours.

With this branch and io.h removed, I just get 1 error with uncompress.h
needing an explicit include:

In file included from
/home/rob/proj/git/linux-2.6/arch/arm/boot/compressed/misc.c:28:0:
/home/rob/proj/git/linux-2.6/arch/arm/mach-at91/include/mach/uncompress.h:
In function ?putc?:
/home/rob/proj/git/linux-2.6/arch/arm/mach-at91/include/mach/uncompress.h:55:39:
error: ?AT91_BASE_DBGU0? undeclared (first use in this function)
/home/rob/proj/git/linux-2.6/arch/arm/mach-at91/include/mach/uncompress.h:55:39:
note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function
it appears in
/home/rob/proj/git/linux-2.6/arch/arm/mach-at91/include/mach/uncompress.h:
In function ?flush?:
/home/rob/proj/git/linux-2.6/arch/arm/mach-at91/include/mach/uncompress.h:66:39:
error: ?AT91_BASE_DBGU0? undeclared (first use in this function)
make[3]: *** [arch/arm/boot/compressed/misc.o] Error 1
  CC      arch/arm/boot/compressed/decompress.o
In file included from
/home/rob/proj/git/linux-2.6/arch/arm/boot/compressed/misc.c:28:0:
/home/rob/proj/git/linux-2.6/arch/arm/mach-at91/include/mach/uncompress.h:
In function ?putc?:
/home/rob/proj/git/linux-2.6/arch/arm/mach-at91/include/mach/uncompress.h:55:39:
error: ?AT91_BASE_DBGU0? undeclared (first use in this function)
/home/rob/proj/git/linux-2.6/arch/arm/mach-at91/include/mach/uncompress.h:55:39:
note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function
it appears in
/home/rob/proj/git/linux-2.6/arch/arm/mach-at91/include/mach/uncompress.h:
In function ?flush?:
/home/rob/proj/git/linux-2.6/arch/arm/mach-at91/include/mach/uncompress.h:66:39:
error: ?AT91_BASE_DBGU0? undeclared (first use in this function)

Rob