Subject: [PATCH 1/2] ARM: Add Kconfig option to use mkimage -T kernel_noload

From: [email-masked] (Ryan Mallon)
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 10:53:48 +1100

On 01/03/12 06:44, Uwe Kleine-K?nig wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 11:17:41AM -0800, Stephen Warren wrote:
>> Uwe Kleine-K?nig wrote at Wednesday, February 29, 2012 12:12 PM:
>>> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 10:33:58AM -0800, Tim Bird wrote:
>>>> On 02/29/2012 10:14 AM, Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD wrote:
>>>>> On 08:58 Wed 29 Feb     , Stephen Warren wrote:
>>>>>> Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD wrote at Wednesday, February 29, 2012 5:30 AM:
>>>>>>> On 17:03 Tue 28 Feb     , Stephen Warren wrote:

<snip>

>> The existing target works just fine today.
> It depends what you want to achieve. If you want to make everything
> maximally easy for everyone you can optimize the uImage target.
> 
> If you want to give incentive for U-Boot to improve, drop the target
> today. 

This assumes that people will upgrade their bootloaders, which is not
always possible or desirable.

~Ryan