Subject: [PATCH] ARM: remove ixp2000 platform

From: [email-masked] (Greg Ungerer)
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 09:48:33 +1000

On 11/03/12 22:31, Krzysztof Halasa wrote:
> Greg Ungerer<[email-masked]>  writes:
>
>> The built in ethernet interfaces on the ixp4xx family are not PCI
>> based. So they at least do not suffer from the BE/LE conversions
>> at the eth driver.
>
> The problematic one is IXP42x rev. A0. It has no support for hw mixed
> mode (LE core + lane swapping where needed). Unfortunately this early

It is not problematic if you are running your core BE right?

Regards
Greg

> chip is quite popular. "Software" mixed mode means byte swapping in the
> network drivers and IIRC the crypto accelerator becomes unusable (at
> least without workarounds).
>
> Later revisions (42x rev. B0 and up, and all other IXP4[356]) can work
> in the most efficient hw mixed mode. Support is not upstream but it's
> basically ready. I think it may be incompatible with XIP.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greg Ungerer  --  Principal Engineer        EMAIL:     gerg at snapgear.com
SnapGear Group, McAfee                      PHONE:       +61 7 3435 2888
8 Gardner Close                             FAX:         +61 7 3217 5323
Milton, QLD, 4064, Australia                WEB: http://www.SnapGear.com