Subject: [PATCH v3 09/11] ASoC: fsl: remove the fatal error checking on codec-handle

From: [email-masked] (Tabi Timur-B04825)
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 02:57:00 +0000

Mark Brown wrote:

> With this card those would just be separate CODECs.  This is a binding
> for a simple card.

But that is insufficient for the SSI driver, which is expected to handle 
multiple SSIs.  If you're going to document a binding for the SSI driver, 
then you need to document how to handle multiple SSIs.

> The biggest improvement is that the SoC binding knows nothing about the
> card binding at all, cards are completely separate and are free to
> define any binding they choose using any number of on-SoC and off-SoC
> devices.

Ok, I don't understand that at all.

I also don't understand why you insist on perverting my driver to support 
two incompatible bindings, especially since I still haven't heard an 
explanation as to what's wrong with the binding that I defined.

-- 
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale