Subject: [PATCH] ARM: OMAP: Add support for AM35xx UART4/ttyO3

From: [email-masked] (Stefano Babic)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 18:11:59 +0100

On 22/03/2012 18:00, Kyle Manna wrote:

> 
> My pin mux is configured in u-boot and is as follows:
> 
>     /* CCDC_FIELD: gpio_95, uP-TXD4 */ \
>     MUX_VAL(CP(CCDC_FIELD),     (IDIS | PTD | DIS | M2)) \
>     /* CCDC_HD: gpio_96, uP-RTS4# */ \
>     MUX_VAL(CP(CCDC_HD),        (IDIS | PTD | DIS | M2)) \
>     /* CCDC_VD: gpio_97, uP-CTS4# */ \
>     MUX_VAL(CP(CCDC_VD),        (IEN  | PTD | EN  | M2)) \
>     /* CCDC_WEN: gpio_98, uP-RXD4 */ \
>     MUX_VAL(CP(CCDC_WEN),       (IEN  | PTD | DIS | M2)) \
> 

Well, we are using the same pins !

> I've just validated my AM3505 board does in fact toggle the TX line and
> writes valid data.  The running kernel is based on a linux-omap-3.1 and
> was the source for that patch.
> 
> Since it sounds like you have the same pinmux, perhaps something changed
> elsewhere in the kernel?

Maybe, but registers looks good - and tracing the serial driver I have
not seen anything wrong.

>  Have you tried validating that your hardware
> can toggle the pin as a GPIO first to eliminate any possibility of shorts?

I will do it now.

Thanks,
Stefano

-- 
=====================================================================
DENX Software Engineering GmbH,     MD: Wolfgang Denk & Detlev Zundel
HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic at denx.de
=====================================================================