Subject: [PATCH v4 0/3] ARM support for syscall tracing

From: [email-masked] (Wade Farnsworth)
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 07:50:22 -0700

This is a rework of Steven Walter's syscall tracing patches first
posted here:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2011-November/074454.html

I've rebased the patches against the current mainline master branch, as well
as implemented several changes based on feedback from Will Deacon and
Russel King.

v2: - Tested on EABI and OABI.
    - Removed an instance of the ?: operator in syscall_set_return_value()
    - Moved #define of NR_syscalls to syscall.h
    - Changed the test of NR_syscalls vs __NR_syscalls in entry-common.S
      to .ifne
v3: - Added Will Deacon's Reviewed-by line.  Code is identical to v2.
v4: - Updated comment and error string for the NR_syscalls test to
      reflect that it's now testing for inequality.

Russell, now that this has been reviewed by Will and tested with both
ABIs, is this okay to submit to your patch tracker?

Wade Farnsworth (3):
  ARM: add support for the generic syscall.h interface
  ARM: add TRACEHOOK support
  ARM: support syscall tracing

 arch/arm/Kconfig                   |    2 +
 arch/arm/include/asm/ptrace.h      |    5 ++
 arch/arm/include/asm/syscall.h     |   97 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/arm/include/asm/thread_info.h |    2 +
 arch/arm/include/asm/unistd.h      |    8 +++
 arch/arm/kernel/entry-common.S     |   18 ++++++-
 arch/arm/kernel/ptrace.c           |   34 +++++++------
 arch/arm/kernel/signal.c           |    2 +
 8 files changed, 151 insertions(+), 17 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/include/asm/syscall.h