Subject: [PATCH 3/3] ARM: dt: tegra_ventana: als and proximity sensor isl29018 support

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Warren)
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 16:35:09 -0600

On 04/17/2012 12:45 AM, Laxman Dewangan wrote:
> Add the device info for ALS and proximity sensor isl29018.

(There were a ton of irrelevant people CC'd on this patch; I cut them
out, but kept the lists in case anyone was interested in the replies.
The most relevant list, linux-tegra, also wasn't CC'd)

> diff --git a/arch/arm/boot/dts/tegra-ventana.dts b/arch/arm/boot/dts/tegra-ventana.dts

> +		/* ALS and proximity sensor */

> +		isl29018: isl29018 at 44 {

I don't think the label "isl29018:" serves any purpose; nothing else
needs to refer to this node.

I note from http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/132936/ that:

a) Perhaps the vendor prefix should be "isil" not "isl". Olof, can you
please comment here?

b) There's an interrupt signal connected to the device. Can you please
add that, irrespective of whether the driver uses it.

c) This device is also present on Seaboard. Can you update
tegra-seaboard.dts too? You can find the relevant bus from the link above.

Thanks.

> +			compatible = "isl,isl29018";
> +			reg = <0x44>;
> +		};
>  	};
>  
>  	i2c at 7000c400 {