Subject: [PATCHv4 4/8] ARM: OMAP4: hwmod: flag hwmods/modules supporting module level context status

From: [email-masked] (Cousson, Benoit)
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 19:14:52 +0200

On 4/24/2012 4:46 PM, Tero Kristo wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-04-23 at 10:52 -0500, Jon Hunter wrote:
>> Hi Tero,
>>
>> On 04/20/2012 04:19 AM, Tero Kristo wrote:
>>> From: Rajendra Nayak<[email-masked]>
>>>
>>> On OMAP4 most modules/hwmods support module level context status. On
>>> OMAP3 and earlier, we relyed on the power domain level context status.
>>> Identify all such modules using a 'HWMOD_CONTEXT_REG' flag, all such
>>> hwmods already have a valid 'context_offs' populated in .prcm structure.
>>
>> Is it necessary to add another flag? Can't we just check if context_offs
>> is non-zero? Would save adding a lot more lines to an already large file
>> :-)
>
> Actually one of the older versions of this patch was just checking
> against a non-zero value, but it was decided to be changed as
> potentially the context_offs can be zero even if it is a valid offset.

Yeah, but still, every OMAP4 IPs are supporting that except two of them 
I guess, so it is a pity to add that to every IPs.

We'd better add a HWMOD_NO_CONTEXT_REG to the few IPs that are not 
supporting that. Since OMAP 2 & 3 does not have this feature at all, we 
can check on the cpu revision.

I think the issue raised by Rajendra was about AM35xx that looks like an 
OMAP3 variant but does have these registers like an OMAP4 variant:-(

Regards,
Benoit