Subject: [PATCHv3 0/4] coupled cpuidle state support

From: [email-masked] (Santosh Shilimkar)
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 16:06:01 +0530

On Tuesday 08 May 2012 06:27 AM, Colin Cross wrote:
> On some ARM SMP SoCs (OMAP4460, Tegra 2, and probably more), the
> cpus cannot be independently powered down, either due to
> sequencing restrictions (on Tegra 2, cpu 0 must be the last to
> power down), or due to HW bugs (on OMAP4460, a cpu powering up
> will corrupt the gic state unless the other cpu runs a work
> around).  Each cpu has a power state that it can enter without
> coordinating with the other cpu (usually Wait For Interrupt, or
> WFI), and one or more "coupled" power states that affect blocks
> shared between the cpus (L2 cache, interrupt controller, and
> sometimes the whole SoC).  Entering a coupled power state must
> be tightly controlled on both cpus.
> 

[...]

> This series has been tested and reviewed by Santosh and Kevin
> for OMAP4, which has a cpuidle series ready for 3.5, and Tegra
> and Exynos5 patches are in progress.  I think this is ready to
> go in.  Lean, are you maintaining a cpuidle tree for linux-next?
> If not, I can publish a tree for linux-next, or this could go in
> through Arnd's tree.

I haven't seen any response so far on who is lining up this
series for 3.5 ? Not sure if it made it to linux-next either.

Regards
santosh