Subject: Current state of AM33xx patches

From: [email-masked] (Vaibhav Hiremath)
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 19:45:58 +0530

On 6/11/2012 2:58 PM, Daniel Mack wrote:
> Hey,
> 
> can anybody give me a quick wrap-up about the current state of AM33xx
> based SoCs in mainline? What are the next steps to get things merged?
> 

Daniel,

We are in the process of submitting all baseport patches to the
upstream, summary would be,

Accepted:
	- Machine and low-level init code
	- Basic DT required for boot.
	- Voltagedomain, Powerdomain, clockdomain implementation

Currently under work (already submitted multiple versions):
	- Clock Tree
	- HWMOD

I do maintain wiki page which you should refer for any updates:
http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Sitara_Linux_Upstream_Status

In order to get latest and greatest kernel to boot, you can use my repo:
https://github.com/hvaibhav/am335x-linux

Also, note that, currently there will be very minimal feature-set
supported in the kernel, so not sure how much can be leveraged for
production use-cases.

> I'm getting involved in a project that is based on a AM3352 and would
> like to provide help where necessary and wanted.
> 

That's great, help is always required and appreciated.

Thanks,
Vaibhav

> Thanks,
> Daniel