Subject: [PATCH v5 05/14] ARM: OMAP2+: gpmc: resource creation helpers

From: [email-masked] (Jon Hunter)
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 10:33:44 -0500

Hi Afzal,

On 06/13/2012 12:29 AM, Mohammed, Afzal wrote:
> Hi Jon,
> 
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 23:32:05, Hunter, Jon wrote:
> 
>> Well looking at the function it seems that you either return an error
>> code or 1. So if you are never going to return anything other than 1 on
>> success it may as well be 0.
> 
> Irq & memory resource creation functions returns number of resources,
> if memory function only is modified, that will cause loss of uniformity
> w.r.t irq function, even though both does similar things.

Ok, I see what you mean but from a readability standpoint it looked odd.
The other function is returning "n" where as this is just returning 1 on
success but it is not clear that this actually means 1 resource.

Jon