Subject: [Patch v5 08/13] ARM: imx6q: add config-on-boot gpios

From: [email-masked] (Rob Herring)
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 16:32:26 -0500

On 06/20/2012 10:05 AM, Shawn Guo wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 09:29:39AM -0500, Rob Herring wrote:
>> I mean just something like "fsl,hub-reset-gpios" in the ehci device
>> node. It's at least under a usb node. Whether the ehci driver handles
>> this or you just have a separate piece of code to find this property and
>> setup the gpio is up to you.
>>
> I ever had an argument on this.  If we have "fsl,hub-reset-gpios"
> defined in ehci device node, it should simply be ehci driver who needs
> to find this property and set up the gpio.  Defining the property in
> ehci device node while having platform code to find the property just
> seems wired to me.  That said, if it's not ehci driver who will use
> the property, we should not define the property in in ehci device node.

There's no requirement that 1 DT node be 1 driver. That's purely an OS
decision and it's usually simpler that way. But if it it's just a one
time thing at boot, then its fine for the platform code to handle it.

Rob