Subject: GPMI NAND on MX28 with DT.with

From: [email-masked] (Subodh Nijsure)
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 15:24:25 -0700

Has anyone gotten the latest GPMI NAND patches for MX28 with device-tree 
to work?

I came across this thread where Huang Shijie reported that it has some 
issues with ECC.

Our attempt to attach fail as shown below, anybody else encountered 
these errors?

cat /proc/mtd
dev:    size   erasesize  name
mtd0: 00a00000 00020000 "boot"
mtd1: 0f200000 00020000 "data"
mtd2: 00400000 00020000 "boot-config"

ubiformat /dev/mtd1
ubiformat: mtd1 (nand), size 253755392 bytes (242.0 MiB), 1936 
eraseblocks of 131072 bytes (128.0 KiB), min. I/O size 2048 bytes
libscan: scanning eraseblock 1935 -- 100 % complete
ubiformat: 1933 eraseblocks have valid erase counter, mean value is 3
ubiformat: 3 bad eraseblocks found, numbers: 264, 468, 1593
ubiformat: formatting eraseblock 1935 -- 100 % complete
/ # ubiattach /dev/ubi_ctrl -m 1
[  185.560000] UBI error: vtbl_check: bad CRC at record 0: 0x2b4f6dd5, 
not 0x000000
[  185.560000] UBI error: vtbl_check: bad CRC at record 0: 0x2b4f6dd5, 
not 0x000000
[  185.560000] UBI error: process_lvol: both volume tables are corrupted
[  185.560000] UBI error: ubi_attach_mtd_dev: failed to attach mtd1, 
error -22
ubiattach: error!: cannot attach mtd1
            error 22 (Invalid argument)

-Subodh Nijsure