Subject: [PATCH v4] arm: Add basic support for new Marvell Armada 370 and Armada XP SoC

From: [email-masked] (Gregory CLEMENT)
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 11:03:08 +0200

On 06/27/2012 10:57 AM, Ben Dooks wrote:
Hi Ben,
> On 26/06/12 09:28, Gregory Clement wrote:
>>
>> Arnd, Olof,
>>
>> You'll find in this patch set the third version of the initial support
>> for a new family of ARMv7-compatible Marvell SoCs.
>>
>> As for the previous releases, both the Armada 370 and the Armada XP
>> SoCs are supported in this directory, and we are able to build a
>> single kernel image that boots on both SoCs. Both SoCs use the PJ4B
>> processor, a Marvell-developed ARM core that implements the ARMv7
>> instruction set. We are currently using Marvell evaluation boards for
>> both of those SoCs, and the support for those boards is added in this
>> patch set.
>>
>> We remained focused on a limited preliminary support which only
>> includes the necessary code for timer and IRQ support, the serial
>> controller is a standard 16550-compatible one. The diffstat looks
>> like:
>>
>>   Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/armada-370-xp-mpic.txt      |   23 +
>>   Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/armada-370-xp-timer.txt     |   11 +
>>   Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/armada-370-xp.txt           |   24 +
>>   Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/mvebu-system-controller.txt |   16 +
>>   MAINTAINERS                                                       |    8 +
>>   arch/arm/Kconfig                                                  |   14 +
>>   arch/arm/Makefile                                                 |    1 +
>>   arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-370-db.dts                               |   42 +
>>   arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-370-xp.dtsi                              |   68 ++
>>   arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-370.dtsi                                 |   35 +
>>   arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-xp-db.dts                                |   50 +
>>   arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-xp.dtsi                                  |   55 +
>>   arch/arm/configs/mvebu_defconfig                                  |   46 +
>>   arch/arm/mach-mvebu/Kconfig                                       |   16 +
>>   arch/arm/mach-mvebu/Makefile                                      |    2 +
>>   arch/arm/mach-mvebu/Makefile.boot                                 |    1 +
>>   arch/arm/mach-mvebu/armada-370-xp.c                               |   63 ++
>>   arch/arm/mach-mvebu/common.h                                      |   23 +
>>   arch/arm/mach-mvebu/include/mach/armada-370-xp.h                  |   22 +
>>   arch/arm/mach-mvebu/include/mach/debug-macro.S                    |   24 +
>>   arch/arm/mach-mvebu/include/mach/timex.h                          |   13 +
>>   arch/arm/mach-mvebu/include/mach/uncompress.h                     |   43 +
>>   arch/arm/mach-mvebu/irq-armada-370-xp.c                           |  133 +++
>>   arch/arm/mach-mvebu/system-controller.c                           |  105 ++
>>   drivers/clocksource/Kconfig                                       |    3 +
>>   drivers/clocksource/Makefile                                      |    3 +-
>>   drivers/clocksource/time-armada-370-xp.c                          |  242 +++++
>>   include/linux/time-armada-370-xp.h                                |   18 +
>>   28 files changed, 1103 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
>>
>> This patch set, and the support for those SoCs, started as a
>> collaborative effort from Marvell engineers (who have done the initial
>> development work) and Free Electrons engineers (who are reshaping the
>> code for mainline submission, adding device tree support, etc.). This
>> effort has also received contributions from Ben Dooks from Codethink.
>>
>> The patch set is based on your arm-soc/for-next branch (updated on Monday
>> 25th June).
> 
> Where should I pull from to have a test?
> 
you can pull the mvebu_for-next-V4 branch at

https://github.com/Marvell-Semi/EBU_mainline_public.git

-- 
Gregory Clement, Free Electrons
Kernel, drivers, real-time and embedded Linux
development, consulting, training and support.
http://free-electrons.com