Subject: Re: [PATCH] coresight: dynamic-replicator: Fix handling of multiple connections

From: Sai Prakash Ranjan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 15:34:48 +0530

Hi Mike, Suzuki

[...]

>> 
>> Please look at the CoreSight components specification 3.0 (ARM IHI
>> 0029E) Section B2.1.2 which describes the Unique Component Identifier
>> (UCI).
>> As mentioned above this consists of a combination of bits from
>> multiple registers, including PIDR4.
>> 
> 
> Ok got it now, thanks for clearing the doubt. I will go ahead with
> this method to identify QCOM impl and post a patch.
> 

Looking some more into this, since we have this limitation only on
specific replicator on very few QCOM SoCs, rather than having a blanket
workaround for all QCOM, we were thinking it would be better to have
this workaround based on a firmware property something like
"qcom,replicator-loses-context" for those replicators with this
limitation and then set the drvdata->check_idfilter_val based on
this property.

Thanks,
Sai

-- 
QUALCOMM INDIA, on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a 
member
of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel