Subject: [PATCH v2 00/15] PCI io.h clean-up

From: [email-masked] (Rob Herring)
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 09:54:30 -0500

On 07/14/2012 02:57 AM, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Saturday 14 July 2012, Rob Herring wrote:
>> From: Rob Herring <[email-masked]>
>>
>> This is the 2nd part of mach/io.h removals. This series removes io.h on
>> platforms with PCI by creating a fixed virtual I/O mapping and a common
>> __io() macro.
>>
>> This version has changed a bit to accommodate Tegra converting its PCIe
>> host to a platform driver. Now the virtual space is only reserved during
>> early boot before .map_io() is called. The mapping is not created until
>> calling pci_ioremap_io which can be done at any point after vmalloc is
>> initialized.
>>
>> I've gone back to fixed 64K windows for each PCI bus. This allows
>> removing all the i/o resource setup from the individually platforms and
>> placing it within the common ARM PCI code.
>>
>> I've only tested versatilepb under qemu (with the model hacked up to
>> actually enable i/o space), so any testing is appreciated. iop3xx and
>> mv78xx0 have some risk of breaking as the PCI bus addresses are moved
>> to 0 from matching the cpu host bus addesss.
>>
>> This is available from my git tree:
>>
>> git://sources.calxeda.com/kernel/linux.git io-cleanup-pci
> 
> I would propose sticking it in the arm-soc tree as a staging branch for
> now to get some more testing on this. We can then decide in the merge
> window if we consider it good enough or whether we want to delay it
> to 3.7.
> 
> Any objections?

No. BTW, it is all opt in and any platform broken can be simply be
reverted I think. I did tell previously tell Wolfram that he could take
the iop3xx i2c fixes, but they aren't in next yet. So Wolfram, please
don't pick up those 2 commits for i2c-iop3xx.

It changed a bit so I didn't add your reviewed-by. Okay to do so now?
I'll rebase and send you a pull request.

Rob

> 	Arnd