Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the arm-soc tree with the i2c-embedded tree

From: [email-masked] (Lee Jones)
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 14:55:40 +0100

On 16/07/12 14:00, Wolfram Sang wrote:
>>> What I am afraid of is: tentative solutions tend to stay, because the
>>> need for a proper solution is reduced. Yet, finding proper generic
>>> bindings might take some time which doesn't meet the high pressure
>>> around DT at the moment.
>>
>> I agree with what you say to some extent, but I believe that it is
>> more important to have a working solution now than to ensure that
>> each bindings are as unique as possible. After any suggestion of
>> consolidation, a move from vendor specific to generically defined
>> Device Tree bindings is trivial. Especially in the current stage
>> where adaptions and definitions are still fluid.
>
> See my response to Linus. I do understand your view and where it comes
> from. As a maintainer, I have other priorities. No offence involved,
> it needs some settlement.

I'm certainly not adverse to doing this, although I'd prefer it was 
completed in the short-term. So should we do it?

-- 
Lee Jones
Linaro ST-Ericsson Landing Team Lead
M: +44 77 88 633 515
Linaro.org ? Open source software for ARM SoCs
Follow Linaro: Facebook | Twitter | Blog