Subject: [GIT PULL] io.h clean-up for PCI

From: [email-masked] (Rob Herring)
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 06:05:04 -0500

On 07/28/2012 09:38 AM, Will Deacon wrote:
> Hi Rob,
> 
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 10:59:18PM +0100, Rob Herring wrote:
>> Please pull updated io.h cleanup for PCI branch. I rebased this as the
>> changes shifted things around a bit. This has the following changes:
>>
>> - Incorporated fixes from you and Stephen
>> - Add early i/o mapping pci_map_io_early and enable on footbridge and
>> integrator for VGA console
> 
> Unfortunately, I still experience the same hang on integrator with this
> revised patch series. Given the turnaround time for testing this, I don't
> think this should block the series, but I would like to get to the bottom of
> it if possible.
> 
> I tried annotating the PCI code (including fault handlers) and the VGA
> console code but I couldn't find the culprit. I suppose the next step is
> JTAG, but that requires steal^Wborrowing some hardware from work.

I did do some tests with qemu by adding i/o setup to integrator/cp.
Without it, I would abort on 0xfee003xx (vga regs). Once I added the
setup, I got to an abort on a PCI memory address which I did not setup.

We can always revert integrator change if we can figure this out...

Rob