Subject: [PATCH 5/6] ARM: ux500: Ensure probing of Audio devices when Device Tree is enabled

From: [email-masked] (Lee Jones)
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 14:55:58 +0100

On 01/08/12 14:32, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 August 2012, Lee Jones wrote:
>>> Looks like you're adding the same call to each of the three cases:
>>> mop500, snowball and hrefv60+. How about moving it before or after
>>> the if/elseif block?
>>
>> The Snowball one is different 'mop500_msp_init' -> 'mop500_of_msp_init'.
>
> Ah, I see. Is there a problem in always using mop500_of_msp_init then?
> I would guess that this just means you'd have to put the msp into the
> device tree files, which don't yet exist for mop500 and hrefv60.

Although that is true, it's only part of the issue.

mop500_of_msp_init is only a temporary solution to aid in step-by-step 
enablement of DT for audio. By the end of the patch-set it has been 
removed (along with the call to it if 'of_machine_is_compatible 
("calaosystems,snowball-a9500")'. What I can do it write a patch to 
consolidate the calls _after_ "ARM: ux500: Remove platform registration 
of MSP devices", as a bolt-on.

-- 
Lee Jones
Linaro ST-Ericsson Landing Team Lead
Linaro.org ? Open source software for ARM SoCs
Follow Linaro: Facebook | Twitter | Blog