Subject: [PATCH V2 01/10] ARM: PMU: Add runtime PM Support

From: [email-masked] (Jon Hunter)
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 17:34:19 -0500

On 08/01/2012 03:47 PM, Will Deacon wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 01, 2012 at 12:07:16AM +0100, Jon Hunter wrote:
>> I have just updated my pmu branch for omap3/4. You can pull my latest
>> patches from [1].
> 
> Great, thanks for that. I've pushed out to perf/omap4 and I've also
> included your runtime PM hooks in my perf/updates branch. I have a fair
> amount of cleanup sitting in there as well, so I'll post that to the list
> at -rc1 as a candidate for -next. I'll obviously leave the omap-specific
> bits for others to handle, although I'll continue maintaining my branch
> until that's hit mainline.

I just updated today with Paul's latest patch he sent. I don't think
much changed from what I had in there yesterday.

>> In the latest series I have:
>> 1. Pulled in an omap3 clock domain fix from Paul [2]
>> 2. Rebased Paul's patch [3] on top of [2]. I have also made a couple
>>    updates to this patch and I need to get Paul's feedback.
>> 3. I have removed the OMAP3 PMU dependency on ETM from the Kconfig.
> 
> Fantastic! I actually already removed the OMAP3 Kconfig dependency in my
> perf/updates branch as part of removing CPU_HAS_PMU entirely, so you
> probably don't need to pursue that patch.

Great! Glad I don't have to worry about that.

>> I will probably send out the series once I align with Paul on the above
>> changes and the HWMOD stuff I have added for OMAP3 with Benoit.
> 
> Okey doke. If you need me to update my copy of your runtime PM patch,
> please shout (that seems to be a done deal afaict).

Yes it is good as far as I am concerned.

I am going to be out for a couple weeks, but when I get back I will get
the OMAP stuff out. I should probably doing some testing on -next too
with your latest changes.

Cheers
Jon