Subject: Current state of AM33xx patches

From: [email-masked] (Daniel Mack)
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 21:56:57 +0200

On 02.08.2012 17:37, Koen Kooi wrote:
>  But I still can't get it working:
> 
> root at beaglebone:~# dmesg | grep -i cpsw [   13.504425] net eth0:
> initializing cpsw version 1.12 (0)
> 
> root at beaglebone:~# dmesg | grep -i phy [    0.000000] Booting Linux
> on physical CPU 0 [    0.228496] nop_usb_xceiv phy.17: transceiver
> type USB2 PHY already exists [   13.512056] libphy: PHY
> davinci_mdio-0:00 not found [   13.517168] net eth0: phy
> davinci_mdio-0:00 not found on slave 0 [   13.523516] libphy: PHY
> davinci_mdio-0:01 not found [   13.528675] net eth0: phy
> davinci_mdio-0:01 not found on slave 1
> 
> root at beaglebone:~# ifconfig -a | grep eth eth0      Link
> encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:04:9F:01:1B:B8

Ok, I got it up and and running now on my board using the two
davinci_mdio drivers and the hwmod addition I just posted.

With those applied on top of Mugunthan work, I can link my cpsw slave
with the phy id "davinci_mdio.18-:04", but the 18 is just the global
device counter which will change again once I add more devices. That
still needs some cleanup.

Anyway, at least I can boot into my NFS root now :) Koen, can you try
this on your board and see if that works for you as well?

Thanks,
Daniel