Subject: [PATCH] arm:davinci: clk - migrate to new common clock API

From: [email-masked] (Sekhar Nori)
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 12:00:17 +0530

Hi Murali,

On 8/2/2012 10:23 PM, Murali Karicheri wrote:
> As a first step towards migrating davinci platforms to use common clock
> framework, replace all instances of clk_enable() with clk_prepare_enable()
> and clk_disable() with clk_disable_unprepare(). Until the platform is
> switched to use the CONFIG_HAVE_CLK_PREPARE Kconfig variable, this just
> adds a might_sleep() call and would work without any issues.
> 
> This will make it easy later to switch to common clk based implementation
> of clk driver from DaVinci specific driver.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Murali Karicheri <[email-masked]>

Queuing this patch for v3.7. The subject line should have ARM in
capitals for consistency. Also, you are not really migrating to new API
in this patch - just preparing for migration so I prefer:

"ARM: davinci: convert platform code to use clk_prepare/clk_unprepare"

I will make this change while committing.

Thanks,
Sekhar