Subject: Can one set GPIO direction in pinmux definition?

From: [email-masked] (Subodh Nijsure)
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 08:37:22 -0700

For a MX28 based hardware I am working with I need to use AUART4

I need to configure this AUART4 as uart only when necessary and at all 
other times pins associated with AUART4 need to be configured as inputs.

I am using following DT definitions to setup AUART4 mux  but can't 
figure out how to setup pin direction via DT, can it be done or I need 
to do it in C code?

         apb at 80000000 {
                 apbh at 80000000 {
                                 auart4_pins_a: auart4 at 0 {
                                         reg = <0>;
                                         fsl,pinmux-ids = <
                                                 0x3142 /* 
MX28_PAD_SAIF0_MCLK__AUART4_CTS */
                                                 0x3152 /* 
MX28_PAD_SAIF0_LRCLK__AUART4_RTS */
                                                 0x3162 /* 
MX28_PAD_SAIF0_BITCLK__AUART4_RX */
                                                 0x3172 /* 
MX28_PAD_SAIF0_SDATA0__AUART4_TX */
                                         >;
                                         fsl,drive-strength = <0>;
                                         fsl,voltage = <1>;
                                         fsl,pull-up = <0>;
                                 };
                                 auart4_highz_pins: auart4-gpio at 0 {
                                         reg = <0>;
                                         fsl,pinmux-ids = <
                                                 0x3143 /* 
MX28_PAD_SAIF0_MCLK__GPIO_3_20 */
                                                 0x3153 /* 
MX28_PAD_SAIF0_LRCLK__GPIO_3_21 */
                                                 0x3163 /* 
MX28_PAD_SAIF0_BITCLK__GPIO_3_22 */
                                                 0x3173 /* 
MX28_PAD_SAIF0_SDATA0__GPIO_3_23 */
                                         >;
                                         fsl,drive-strength = <0>;
                                         fsl,voltage = <1>;
                                         fsl,pull-up = <0>;
                                 };
                  };
           };

                 apbx at 80040000 {
                         auart4: serial at 80072000 {
                                 pinctrl-names = "default", "auart";
                                 pinctrl-0 = <&auart4_highz_pins>;
                                 pinctrl-1 = <&auart4_pins_a>;
                                 status = "okay";
                         };
                };