Subject: [PATCH 1/2] usb: change the dependency chain for LPC32XX and ISP1301

From: [email-masked] (Roland Stigge)
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 10:18:39 +0200

On 08/23/2012 09:21 AM, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
> On 08/23/2012 12:16 AM, Roland Stigge wrote:
>> This issue could be resolved in a different way: Have you followed the
>> discussion at linux-arm-kernel at lists.infradead.org on 2012-08-20,
>> Subject "i2c: pnx: Fix bit definitions"? If nothing unexpected turns
>> out, PNX4008 should probably be removed altogether. (Practically
>> abandoned arch for 6 years.) Easily possible for v3.7.
> 
> Ach. I assumed that is being merged. The PNX arch does not define
> USB_ARCH_HAS_OHCI so I goes that you can't select it there?

Yes, this issue will be gone also.

>> Then, the resulting solution is much simpler and Sebastian's patch
>> obsolete.
> 
> That would be what?

Well, your idea won't be obsolete completely. :-) But much simpler
without all the "PNX4008 || LPC32XX" stuff. Following Alan's proposal,
I'd prefer not introducing new symbols, and much of the "PNX4008 ||
LPC32XX" logic won't be necessary anymore.

For the PNX4008 removal - should I already post a patch to build the
respective changes on top of, without PNX4008 references?

Thanks,

Roland