Subject: OMAP baseline test results for v3.6-rc4

From: [email-masked] (Igor Grinberg)
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 09:52:27 +0300

On 09/05/12 18:44, Paul Walmsley wrote:
> 
> Here are some basic boot and power management test results for v3.6-rc4:
> 
>     http://www.pwsan.com/omap/testlogs/test_v3.6-rc4/20120904122415/
> 
> Some observations:
> 

[...]

> * CM-T3517: L3 in-band error with USB OTG during boot
>   - Cause unknown; longstanding issue; does not occur on the 3517EVM

We see this problem on several cm-t3517, but not all of them.
It looks something like:
--------------------cut----------------------------
NET: Registered protocol family 16
GPMC revision 5.0
gpmc: irq-20 could not claim: err -22
OMAP GPIO hardware version 2.5
In-band Error seen by USB_OTG  at address 0
------------[ cut here ]------------
WARNING: at /home/lifshitz/workroot/git-repo/linux-cm-t3x/arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_l3_smx.c:162 omap3_l3_app_irq+0xdc/0x120()
Modules linked in:
[<c001ad08>] (unwind_backtrace+0x0/0xf4) from [<c003f670>] (warn_slowpath_common+0x4c/0x64)
[<c003f670>] (warn_slowpath_common+0x4c/0x64) from [<c003f6a4>] (warn_slowpath_null+0x1c/0x24)
[<c003f6a4>] (warn_slowpath_null+0x1c/0x24) from [<c0033af0>] (omap3_l3_app_irq+0xdc/0x120)
[<c0033af0>] (omap3_l3_app_irq+0xdc/0x120) from [<c008b8bc>] (handle_irq_event_percpu+0xac/0x298)
[<c008b8bc>] (handle_irq_event_percpu+0xac/0x298) from [<c008bafc>] (handle_irq_event+0x54/0x74)
[<c008bafc>] (handle_irq_event+0x54/0x74) from [<c008e290>] (handle_level_irq+0xc4/0x118)
[<c008e290>] (handle_level_irq+0xc4/0x118) from [<c008b3ac>] (generic_handle_irq+0x2c/0x44)
[<c008b3ac>] (generic_handle_irq+0x2c/0x44) from [<c001500c>] (handle_IRQ+0x60/0x80)
[<c001500c>] (handle_IRQ+0x60/0x80) from [<c00085ec>] (omap3_intc_handle_irq+0x60/0x74)
[<c00085ec>] (omap3_intc_handle_irq+0x60/0x74) from [<c04e3100>] (__irq_svc+0x40/0x74)
Exception stack(0xcf02de00 to 0xcf02de48)
de00: 00000000 0000000a 00000000 00000021 c074bcac cf046280 0000000a 60000013
de20: c074bcdc c070020c 00010000 00000000 00000000 cf02de48 00000000 c008c988
de40: 40000013 ffffffff
[<c04e3100>] (__irq_svc+0x40/0x74) from [<c008c988>] (__setup_irq+0x2a8/0x404)
[<c008c988>] (__setup_irq+0x2a8/0x404) from [<c008cd18>] (request_threaded_irq+0xe8/0x13c)
[<c008cd18>] (request_threaded_irq+0xe8/0x13c) from [<c06c3d24>] (omap3_l3_probe+0x10c/0x16c)
[<c06c3d24>] (omap3_l3_probe+0x10c/0x16c) from [<c033586c>] (platform_drv_probe+0x18/0x1c)
[<c033586c>] (platform_drv_probe+0x18/0x1c) from [<c0334414>] (really_probe+0xac/0x1c8)
[<c0334414>] (really_probe+0xac/0x1c8) from [<c0334578>] (driver_probe_device+0x48/0x60)
[<c0334578>] (driver_probe_device+0x48/0x60) from [<c03345f0>] (__driver_attach+0x60/0x84)
[<c03345f0>] (__driver_attach+0x60/0x84) from [<c0332ce0>] (bus_for_each_dev+0x4c/0x80)
[<c0332ce0>] (bus_for_each_dev+0x4c/0x80) from [<c0333414>] (bus_add_driver+0xa4/0x294)
[<c0333414>] (bus_add_driver+0xa4/0x294) from [<c0334bdc>] (driver_register+0xa4/0x188)
[<c0334bdc>] (driver_register+0xa4/0x188) from [<c0335c5c>] (platform_driver_probe+0x18/0x98)
[<c0335c5c>] (platform_driver_probe+0x18/0x98) from [<c0008798>] (do_one_initcall+0xac/0x16c)
[<c0008798>] (do_one_initcall+0xac/0x16c) from [<c06b52ac>] (do_basic_setup+0x88/0xc0)
[<c06b52ac>] (do_basic_setup+0x88/0xc0) from [<c06b53c4>] (kernel_init+0x60/0xfc)
[<c06b53c4>] (kernel_init+0x60/0xfc) from [<c00150a4>] (kernel_thread_exit+0x0/0x8)
---[ end trace 1b75b31a2719ed1c ]---
-----------------------------cut-------------------------------

After that, the board continues to function properly.
Any hints how to debug this?

[...]

> 
> (The objective in posting these is to determine what is and isn't working 
> in the mainline releases, as well as to make it easier to determine what 
> is fixed or is broken by subsequent series that use this as a base.)

Thanks for doing this.

-- 
Regards,
Igor.