Subject: [RFC RESEND 1/4] arm/dts: OMAP: Add timer nodes

From: [email-masked] (Jon Hunter)
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 15:26:44 -0500

Hi Tony,

On 08/30/2012 03:14 PM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Jon Hunter <[email-masked]> [120816 08:05]:
>> On 08/15/2012 04:11 AM, Vaibhav Hiremath wrote:
>>>
>>> Did we get conclude on this? I haven't got anything further on this
>>> thread, this may block baseport support for the new devices in omap2
>>> family, like AM33xx and OMAP5.
>>
>> Sorry I have been out of the office. However, no update on this so far.
>> I need to check with Tony if he has any preference for handling this. I
>> will follow-up with him and keep you posted.
> 
> Jon please repost these without the RFC in the subject line
> assuming the pending comments have been addressed so people
> can ack them.

I have been working on updating this series to request timer by their
capabilities and avoid using a device ID altogether. In the updated
series using device IDs to request a timer will still work as it does
today, but not when you boot with DT. I have something working now that
is booting fine on omap4 with and without DT [1]. However, I need to do
more thorough testing of the timers in general, probably next week.

Once I have completed my testing I would like to post for review.
However, since posting the original series I have been working on some
needed timer fixes/clean-up which I posted this week [2] for review.
Ideally I should rebase my DT timer work on my timer fixes series but
wanted to see what you thought first.

Cheers
Jon

[1] https://github.com/jonhunter/linux/tree/dev-dt-timer
[2] http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=134687188921835&w=2