Subject: [PATCH 13/16] ARM: omap: move platform_data definitions

From: [email-masked] (Peter Ujfalusi)
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 12:57:32 +0300

Hi Arnd,

On 09/12/2012 08:20 PM, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 September 2012, Peter Ujfalusi wrote:
>> OMAP McBSP has nothing to do with a dsp.
>> A better name would be: ti-mcbsp.h (or leave it as mcbsp.h)
>> McBSP stands for: Multichannel Buffered Serial Port and it is used for audio
>> connection (I2S, TDM, etc).
> 
> changed to asoc-ti-mcbsp.h to, as discussed.
> 
>>>  .../include/plat/dsp.h => include/linux/platform_data/dsp-omap.h   |    0
>>>  .../plat/keypad.h => include/linux/platform_data/keypad-omap.h     |    0
>>>  .../plat/lcd_mipid.h => include/linux/platform_data/lcd-mipid.h    |    0
>>>  .../plat/nand.h => include/linux/platform_data/mtd-nand-omap2.h    |    0
>>>  .../onenand.h => include/linux/platform_data/mtd-onenand-omap2.h   |    0
>>>  .../remoteproc.h => include/linux/platform_data/remoteproc-omap.h  |    0
>>>  .../voltage.h => include/linux/platform_data/smartreflex-omap.h    |    0
>>>  .../plat/mcspi.h => include/linux/platform_data/spi-omap2-mcspi.h  |    0
>>>  include/linux/power/smartreflex.h                                  |    2 +-
>>
>> Let me see these:
>>
>> This four drivers are going to be removed via sound tree.
>>>  sound/soc/omap/igep0020.c                                          |    2 +-
>>>  sound/soc/omap/omap3beagle.c                                       |    2 +-
>>>  sound/soc/omap/omap3evm.c                                          |    2 +-
>>>  sound/soc/omap/overo.c                                             |    2 +-
>>
>> The new driver which replaces these (omap-twl4030.c) does not include
>> plat/mcbsp.h
> 
> For the sake of bisection, I think we should leave the patch as is.
> When merging the two branches, we will get a small conflict that
> is trivial to resolve.
> 
>> From these ASoC machine drivers you can just remove the <plat/mcbsp.h>
>> include since they should not include them (I have pending patch for this to
>> be sent):
>>>  sound/soc/omap/am3517evm.c                                         |    2 +-
>>>  sound/soc/omap/ams-delta.c                                         |    2 +-
>>>  sound/soc/omap/n810.c                                              |    2 +-
>>>  sound/soc/omap/omap3pandora.c                                      |    2 +-
>>>  sound/soc/omap/osk5912.c                                           |    2 +-
>>>  sound/soc/omap/rx51.c                                              |    2 +-
>>>  sound/soc/omap/sdp3430.c                                           |    2 +-
>>>  sound/soc/omap/zoom2.c                                             |    2 +-
>>
>>>  sound/soc/omap/omap-mcbsp.c                                        |    2 +-
>>>  sound/soc/omap/mcbsp.c                                             |    2 +-
> 
> Can you do that change on top of mine? I would prefer to leave it as is
> because I could create this version with a script.
> 
> The alternative is that I leave the mcbsp.h file alone entirely and you
> submit a patch to fix all instances where it's used, either rename or
> remove them.

I thought I have replied to this...
Whichever way you prefer. I can craft a series to clean up the plat/mcbsp.h
usage and move the mcbsp header via ASoC tree.
I'm also fine if you do the move.
Let me know what you prefer.

Thanks,
P?ter