Subject: OMAP4 clock/pm fixes [was: [PATCH v4 2/3] ARM: omap: hwmod: get rid of all omap_clk_get_by_name usage

From: [email-masked] (Archit Taneja)
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 19:16:28 +0530

On Friday 05 October 2012 07:01 PM, Rajendra Nayak wrote:
>> If the clkdm is in HW_AUTO, I can get DSS in sleep(STBYST and IDLEST all
>> set). Is this helpful? Can we just leave modulemode on all the time?
>> That'll be the best :)
>
> Is everything around DSS enabled by default in omap2plus? If so, I
> haven't seen Tero (who has been working on getting OMAP4 to sleep)
> complain about DSS causing him any trouble. So you should be good
> with whats already there atleast from 'not-gating-sleep' point of
> view.

DSS is selected only as a module in omap2plus_defconfig, so the DSS 
driver would never kick in with the defconfig.

The DSS hwmods would be initialised though. If I boot up linux-next with 
omap2plus_defconfig, I get:

CM_DSS_CLKSTCTRL 0x3
CM_DSS_DSS_CLKCTRL 0x00060002

So the module is in standby, but IDLEST is 0x2, which says DSS is idle 
only with respect to the interconnect. In the bootloader, IDLEST was 
0x3. So I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

Archit