Subject: [PATCH 1/9] ARM: Kirkwood: Convert TS219 to pinctrl.

From: [email-masked] (Sebastian Hesselbarth)
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 22:14:10 +0200

On 10/24/2012 10:00 PM, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 21:49:45 +0200, Sebastian Hesselbarth wrote:
>> Now consider some more complex interface with more than one mpp pin per
>> interface pin. Do you really want to predefine all possible combinations
>> even if it is more likely that in fact only one is used on all boards
>> because they are all based on the same reference design?
>
> Where did I say that you should define *all* possible configurations?
>
> I said: "The SoC .dtsi file should define all the pinmux groups that are
> described in the datasheet and are used by boards". Read again the "and
> are used by boards".

Ok, then I overread "and used by other boards". Sorry for that.

> So I'm clearly not advocating adding *all* possible configurations,
> because there would be gazillions of them. But I'm in favor of moving
> the *used* configurations to the .dtsi files.

Agreed.

Sebastian