Subject: [PATCH] ARM: dt: tegra: ventana: define pinmux for ddc

From: [email-masked] (Mark Zhang)
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 14:28:06 +0800

On 10/25/2012 11:37 PM, Stephen Warren wrote:
> On 10/25/2012 12:32 AM, Mark Zhang wrote:
>> On 10/23/2012 01:14 AM, Stephen Warren wrote:
> ...
>>> I don't recall why pta was defined to be HDMI. The issue isn't that this
>>> patch changes the pinmux selection for the pta pingroup, but simply that
>>> both the pinctrl node's state definition, and the new I2C mux node's
>>> state definition both attempt to configure pingroup pta. The solution is
>>> most likely to simply remove the pta configuration from the main pinctrl
>>> node.
>>
>> Understood. I tried to remove the hdmi function definition of pta
>> pingroup yesterday then found HDMI can't work anymore. The EDID of HDMI
>> monitor can't be fetched. After some debugging, I have found that it's
>> caused by "i2c-mux-pinctrl" driver is loaded after drm driver. That
>> makes drm driver can't get EDID data via this i2c mux adapter because it
>> doesn't exist at that time. So I think we need to promote the load level
>> of "i2c-mux-pinctrl" driver. Any other ideas?
> 
> (BTW, your message that I'm replying to wasn't word-wrapped correctly)
> 

Yes. I did some settings in my Thunderbird, how about now?

> No, i2c-mux-pinctrl shouldn't need to change. It sounds like tegra-drm
> isn't supporting deferred probe correctly; when it needs access to an
> I2C adapter that doesn't exist, it should defer its own probe until the
> I2C adapter does exist.

Okay. Yes, tegra-drm doesn't support deferred probe now. I'll talk with
Thierry and figure out how to handle this. Thanks.

> --
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-tegra" in
> the body of a message to majordomo at vger.kernel.org
> More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
>