Subject: [PATCH v3 07/11] ARM: davinci - restructure header files for common clock migration

From: [email-masked] (Sekhar Nori)
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 19:35:53 +0530

On 10/25/2012 9:41 PM, Murali Karicheri wrote:
> pll.h is added to migrate some of the PLL controller defines for sleep.S.
> psc.h is modified to keep only PSC modules definitions needed by sleep.S
> after migrating to common clock. The definitions under
> ifdef CONFIG_COMMON_CLK will be removed in a subsequent patch.
> davinci_watchdog_reset prototype is moved to time.h as clock.h is
> being obsoleted. sleep.S and pm.c is modified to include the new header
> file replacements.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Murali Karicheri <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  arch/arm/mach-davinci/devices.c           |    2 ++
>  arch/arm/mach-davinci/include/mach/pll.h  |   46 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>  arch/arm/mach-davinci/include/mach/psc.h  |    4 +++
>  arch/arm/mach-davinci/include/mach/time.h |    4 ++-
>  arch/arm/mach-davinci/pm.c                |    4 +++
>  arch/arm/mach-davinci/sleep.S             |    4 +++
>  6 files changed, 63 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
>  create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-davinci/include/mach/pll.h

With this patch a _third_ copy of PLL definitions is created in kernel
sources. The existing PLL definitions in clock.h inside mach-davinci
should be moved to mach/pll.h and the pll.h you introduced inside
drivers/clk in 5/11 should be removed (this patch should appear before
5/11).

The biggest disadvantage of this approach is inclusion of mach/ includes
in drivers/clk. But duplicating code is definitely not the fix for this.
Anyway, mach/ includes are not uncommon in drivers/clk (they are all
probably suffering from the same issue).

$ grep -rl "include <mach/" drivers/clk/*
drivers/clk/clk-u300.c
drivers/clk/mmp/clk-pxa168.c
drivers/clk/mmp/clk-mmp2.c
drivers/clk/mmp/clk-pxa910.c
drivers/clk/mxs/clk-imx23.c
drivers/clk/mxs/clk-imx28.c
drivers/clk/spear/spear6xx_clock.c
drivers/clk/spear/spear3xx_clock.c
drivers/clk/spear/spear1340_clock.c
drivers/clk/spear/spear1310_clock.c
drivers/clk/ux500/clk-prcc.c
drivers/clk/versatile/clk-integrator.c
drivers/clk/versatile/clk-realview.c

pll.h can probably be moved to include/linux/clk/ to avoid this. Would
like to hear from Mike on this before going ahead.

Anyway, instead of just commenting, I though I will be more useful and
went ahead and made some of the changes I have been talking about. I
fixed the multiple PLL definitions issue, the build infrastructure issue
and the commit ordering too.

I pushed the patches I fixed to devel-common-clk branch of my git tree.
It is build tested using davinci_all_defconfig but its not runtime tested.

Can you start from here and provide me incremental changes on top of
this? That way we can collaborate to finish this faster.

Thanks,
Sekhar