Subject: [PATCH] ARM: OMAP2+: timer: remove CONFIG_OMAP_32K_TIMER

From: [email-masked] (Jon Hunter)
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 12:08:37 -0600

On 11/08/2012 11:58 AM, Paul Walmsley wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Nov 2012, Jon Hunter wrote:
> 
>> Igor was mentioning a h/w scenario where the 32kHz source is not
>> present. However, I am not sure which devices support this and is
>> applicable too.
> 
> Pretty sure Igor is referring to the AM3517/3505.  This is very poorly 
> documented, but can be observed in the AM3517 TRM Rev B (SPRUGR0B) Figure 
> 4-23 "PRM Clock Generator" and the AM3517 DM Rev C (SPRS550C) Section 4 
> "Clock Specifications".

Thanks Paul. But AFAICT, even in that h/w configuration the internal 32k
oscillator will be used and so the gptimer will still have a 32k clock
source.

So I still don't see a use-case where the gptimer would not have a 32k
source available. Admittedly, I could be missing one somewhere or I am
just plain old wrong ...

Cheers
Jon