Subject: [PATCH] ARM: OMAP2+: Prevent redefinition errors for soc.h

From: [email-masked] (Jon Hunter)
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 20:52:04 -0600

On 11/09/2012 06:21 PM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Jon Hunter <[email-masked]> [121109 15:59]:
>>
>> Sorry, I meant in the fixes series I have posted for dmtimer, I am
>> adding a new function called omap_dm_timer_populate_errata() that is
>> using cpu_is_xxxx() [1]. I had done this a while back, but now I see
>> that we want to get away from doing that right?
> 
> Yes. Looks like everything we have under plat-omap can be moved
> to live under drivers eventually, so let's not use cpu_is_omap
> there either. For legacy boot, you can use pdata->timer_capability
> for passing that?

Yes, but I prefer to keep capability and errata separate. So I have
added an timer_errata variable to the pdata for now.

>> I was planning on sending you a pull request for that series on Monday
>> but now I am wondering if I should fix this now or later. I was hoping
>> this series would make 3.8.
> 
> Yeah, sounds like that should be fixed though as we still have a bit
> of time early next week.

Ok, great. I have re-worked and will stress test over the weekend. I
will send out an updated series Monday and then send a pull request
later in the week if you are ok with it.

Cheers
Jon