Subject: [PATCH 8/8] ARM: OMAP: Move plat/dmtimer.h to plat-omap/dmtimer.h

From: [email-masked] (Jon Hunter)
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 16:54:20 -0600

On 11/13/2012 04:26 PM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Jon Hunter <[email-masked]> [121113 10:15]:
>> Move plat/dmtimer.h to plat-omap/dmtimer.h in order to support a single
>> zImage for ARM devices.
> 
> Let's skip this one for now as it turns out this solution won't
> work either for multiplatform without adding nasty hacks to
> arch/arm/Makefile to include arch/arm/plat-omap.
> 
> Sorry I don't have any real solution in mind other than making
> the remaining dmtimer.h users to use Linux generic timer functions,
> or pass the dmtimer functions in platform_data for now.

Ok, no problem. Are you happy with the others?

One thing that we could do, is not include the dmtimer driver in the
multi-platform build for now. I believe that only the dsp/iva/gfx is
using this driver currently.

I believe that there are some issues with building the kernel without
the dmtimer and so I can look into fixing that.

Is there a way to not include dmtimer with multi-platform but still
enable in omap2plus_defconfig? Or are we planning to kill
omap2plus_defconfig too?

Cheers
Jon