Subject: [PATCH 0/6] Add pinctrl driver for Allwinner A1X SoCs

From: [email-masked] (Alejandro Mery)
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 13:49:25 +0100

On 12/12/12 10:11, Maxime Ripard wrote:
> Hi Alejandro,
>
> Le 11/12/2012 22:58, Alejandro Mery a ?crit :
>> On 10/12/12 23:08, Maxime Ripard wrote:
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> This patch set adds a pinctrl driver for the IP found in the Allwinner
>>> A10
>>> and A13, and the SoC-specific bits for the A13. It also adds the
>>> documentation
>>> for the device tree bindings.
>>
>> Hi. I just wanted to comment that there are 3 known sun5i SoCs, not only
>> the A13. The A10s and the A12 are also sun5i. For A10s and A13 there are
>> datasheets available with the pin info. So please don't assume the A13's
>> pins are "sun5i" pins, they are merely aw1626 (aka A13) pins.
>
> Ok, I will change the naming scheme to something like sun5i-a13. For the
> other SoC codenames like sun4i, are you aware of several actual SoCs
> using the same codename, or do we have only sun4i == A10?

the A10 is the only sun4i we know of, the A31 is the only sun6i we know 
of, and the A20 is the only sun7i we know of... they'll soon run out of 
numbers... :|

Also, to avoid confusions with their poorly chosen marketing name, you 
could use the internal chip name aw1623 for the A10 and aw1626 for the 
A13 instead. This value can be read from the BROM and it's commonly used 
in allwinner sources.

regards,
Alejandro Mery