Subject: [PATCH 3/4] ARM: tegra: Add OF_DEV_AUXDATA for uart driver in board dt

From: [email-masked] (Prashant Gaikwad)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 11:48:33 +0530

On Tuesday 18 December 2012 03:17 AM, Stephen Warren wrote:
> On 12/17/2012 05:08 AM, Laxman Dewangan wrote:
>> Add OF_DEV_AUXDATA for high speed uart controller driver for
>> Tegra20/Tegra30 board dt files.
>> Set the parent clock of uart controller to PLLP.
>> diff --git a/arch/arm/mach-tegra/board-dt-tegra20.c b/arch/arm/mach-tegra/board-dt-tegra20.c
>> @@ -94,6 +94,11 @@ struct of_dev_auxdata tegra20_auxdata_lookup[] __initdata = {
>> +	OF_DEV_AUXDATA("nvidia,tegra20-hsuart", 0x70006000, "tegra-uart.0", NULL),
>> +	OF_DEV_AUXDATA("nvidia,tegra20-hsuart", 0x70006040, "tegra-uart.1", NULL),
>> +	OF_DEV_AUXDATA("nvidia,tegra20-hsuart", 0x70006200, "tegra-uart.2", NULL),
>> +	OF_DEV_AUXDATA("nvidia,tegra20-hsuart", 0x70006300, "tegra-uart.3", NULL),
>> +	OF_DEV_AUXDATA("nvidia,tegra20-hsuart", 0x70006400, "tegra-uart.4", NULL),
> Instead, can we simply get the clocks from device tree? Prashant, how
> much effort will that be once your clock patches are checked in, or is
> it already part of those patches?

It is not part of rework patches, but I will send a patch for it 
immediately after those patches are accepted upstream.

>> @@ -106,7 +111,10 @@ struct of_dev_auxdata tegra20_auxdata_lookup[] __initdata = {
>>   static __initdata struct tegra_clk_init_table tegra_dt_clk_init_table[] = {
>>   	/* name		parent		rate		enabled */
>>   	{ "uarta",	"pll_p",	216000000,	true },
>> +	{ "uartb",	"pll_p",	216000000,	false },
>> +	{ "uartc",	"pll_p",	216000000,	false },
>>   	{ "uartd",	"pll_p",	216000000,	true },
>> +	{ "uarte",	"pll_p",	216000000,	false },
> Prashant's clock patches remove this table. Please work with him to work
> out how to deal with that.

Laxman,

If you want I can include these entries in current tables.