Subject: [PATCHv2 08/11] arm: arch_timer: add arch_counter_set_user_access

From: [email-masked] (Santosh Shilimkar)
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 22:27:50 +0530

On Friday 11 January 2013 10:20 PM, Catalin Marinas wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 01:40:22PM +0000, Santosh Shilimkar wrote:
>> On Wednesday 09 January 2013 09:37 PM, Mark Rutland wrote:
>>> Several bits in CNTKCTL reset to 0, including PL0VTEN. For platforms
>>> using the generic timer which wish to have a fast gettimeofday vDSO
>>> implementation, these bits must be set to 1 by the kernel. On other
>>> platforms, the bootloader might enable userspace access when we don't
>>> want it.
>>>
>>> This patch adds arch_counter_set_user_access, which sets the PL0 access
>>> permissions to that required by the platform. For arm, this currently
>> minor nit.
>> s/arm/ARM
>
> I think Mark meant arch/arm. Or we could call it AArch32 where we don't
> use this feature.
>
OK. AArch32 or even arch/arm is just fine then.

Regards,
Santosh