Subject: [PATCH v5 6/9] ARM: davinci: Remoteproc driver support for OMAP-L138 DSP

From: [email-masked] (Sekhar Nori)
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 10:46:56 +0530

On 1/15/2013 6:19 PM, Ohad Ben-Cohen wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 2:29 PM, Sekhar Nori <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> May be rproc_alloc() could auto-assign the firmware name to something
>> like 'rproc%d-fw' if firmware name passed to it is NULL?
> 
> I prefer we use name-based filenames instead to make it easier for
> users (and us developers).
> 
> We can probably do something like "rproc-%s-fw" with pdata->name
> assuming we/you do maintain a meaningful name in the latter.

Are you thinking of passing name of the remote processor (like m3, dsp0,
dsp1 etc) in pdata->name? That sounds OK since the processor name is
actually tied to the platform. BTW, the current driver seems to be
written for OMAP-L138 rather tightly so you could as well hardcode the
firmware name to 'rproc-dsp-fw'.

Thanks,
Sekhar