Subject: [[PATCH v2]] OMAP: omap4-panda: add WiLink shared transport power functions

From: [email-masked] (Peter Ujfalusi)
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 10:55:14 +0100

On 01/17/2013 10:34 AM, Felipe Balbi wrote:
>> I just wonder how this is going to work with DT... You are not going to have
>> the ability to use callback in this form.
>> I think the GPIO handling should be done in the driver itself rather than in
>> the board file.
> 
> that can (should ?) be moved to ti-st eventually. In fact I don't know
> why it was removed in the first place, we would need Pavan to help us
> with that query.

Yes, this is a good question. I don't know what is the spacial thing platforms
need to do in the callback..

> Still, for -rc, the minimal patch had to be cooked, right ?

Sure it need to be fixed. I would try to revert the patch which caused the
issue (eccf2979 drivers/misc/ti-st: remove gpio handling).

Should fix the legacy boot, but it is going to be even bigger fun to move to
DT (and get rid of the callbacks).

I don't have anything against this patch as such. Just wanted to point out the
obvious that the comfort of callbacks are not going to be around in some cases.

-- 
P?ter