Subject: [PATCH 15/15] staging/omapdrm: don't build on multiplatform

From: [email-masked] (Rob Clark)
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 10:57:44 -0600

On 01/22/2013 10:53 AM, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 12:39:31PM -0600, Rob Clark wrote:
>> On 01/21/2013 11:41 AM, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
>>> On Monday 21 January 2013, Rob Clark wrote:
>>>> Are you sure OMAP2_DSS requires ARCH_OMAP2PLUS?  I don't see this, and
>>>> it at least used to not depend on ARCH_OMAP2PLUS.  If it does now, I
>>>> think the correct fix would be to remove the dependency in OMAP2_DSS.  I
>>>> don't think removing ARCH_MULTIPLATFORM support in omapdrm is the
>>>> correct solution.
>>> At least it says so in drivers/video/omap2/Kconfig, which contains
>>>
>>> if ARCH_OMAP2PLUS
>>> source drivers/video/omap2/dss/Kconfig
>>> endif
>> ahh, ok, I see.. the if ARCH_OMAP2PLUS bit looks like it came in
>> recently (770b6cb)
>>
>> what about changing this to 'if ARCH_OMAP2PLUS || ARCH_MULTIPLATFORM'?
> That's what Arnd's patch did.

sorry, I was talking about in drivers/video/omap2/Kconfig

Ie. I'd prefer to re-enable omapdss on multi-plat rather than disabling 
omapdrm.  With changes in drm core, it is a bit of a pain to compile 
test all the arm drivers by doing N different builds, so we've been 
trying to get to the point of all arm drm drivers supporting multi-plat

BR,
-R

> totally confused,
> greg k-h