Subject: [PATCH v5 00/14] DMA Engine support for AM33XX

From: [email-masked] (Sekhar Nori)
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 10:44:13 +0530

Matt,

On 1/24/2013 3:07 AM, Matt Porter wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 10:21:42AM +0800, Mark Brown wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 09:26:34PM +0530, Sekhar Nori wrote:
>>> On 1/16/2013 2:02 AM, Matt Porter wrote:
>>
>>>> This series adds DMA Engine support for AM33xx, which uses
>>>> an EDMA DMAC. The EDMA DMAC has been previously supported by only
>>>> a private API implementation (much like the situation with OMAP
>>>> DMA) found on the DaVinci family of SoCs.
>>
>>> Will you take this series through the OMAP tree? Only 1/14 touches
>>> mach-davinci and I am mostly okay with it except some changes I just
>>> requested Matt to make in another thread.
>>
>> Is this series somewhere near actually getting merged then? It seemed
>> like there was lots of stuff going on.
> 
> The issues raised by Sekhar and Santosh were reasonably minor and will
> be addressed. My major concern is that the dependency on some api to
> fetch dmaengine driver SG limitations is not resolved. That's being
> discussed in https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/1/10/432

It might be worth posting the patches which don't have dependencies and
are ready for acceptance as a separate series. That way at least some of
these patches have a good chance of getting into v3.9 if not the entire
series.

Thanks,
Sekhar