Subject: [PATCH v2 1/2] ARM: kirkwood: Ensure that kirkwood_ge0[01]_init() finds its clock

From: [email-masked] (Sebastian Hesselbarth)
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 21:48:00 +0100

On 01/29/2013 09:32 PM, Jason Cooper wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 09:08:46PM +0100, Sebastian Hesselbarth wrote:
>> (Issue 1: gated runit clock hangs kernel due to serial access)
>
> This can be fixed with a patch removing clock-frequency from all
> kirkwood boards (dove, orion, etc?) I'll gin this up and add it to the
> havoc ;-)

For kirkwood.dtsi it is already there as you stated, but yes, it should
be removed from the board files including kirkwood.dtsi and also the
comments in kirkwood.dtsi. I'll prepare a patch for dove.dtsi.

>> (Issue 2: gated gbe clock hangs kernel due to smi access)
>
> Here, I'm going to wait for Florian's mvmdio changes to settle out and
> then readdress this.  My current understanding is that there will only
> be one DT node for this.  iiuc, each board dts will have to say which
> gate clocks to consume to prevent the mvmdio node in the dtsi from
> consuming both unconditionally.

Ok, feel free to consume the patch ;)

>> Leaves Issue 3, gbe forgets about its MAC address when gated or powered
>> down. That should be done with local-mac-address passed by DT enabled
>> u-boot or any other (dirty) ATAG hack ;)
>
> A patch to mv643xx_eth to pull this from DT should solve this.

Great.

Sebastian