Subject: [PATCH 2/4] ARM: mach-shmobile: r8a7779: add SATA support

From: [email-masked] (Sergei Shtylyov)
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 18:26:01 +0400

Hello.

On 19-02-2013 4:40, Kuninori Morimoto wrote:

>>>>>    static const struct of_dev_auxdata r8a7779_auxdata_lookup[] __initconst
>>>>> = {
>>>>> +       OF_DEV_AUXDATA("renesas,rcar-sata", 0xfc600000, "sata_rcar",
>>>>> NULL),

>>>> ??
>>>> Is this settings really required for DT ??

>>>     Yes, TTBOMK, it's the last resort measure used in exctly this case.

>> Well, I have to agree with Morimoto-san here. Other vendors may chose
>> to use AUXDATA to map clocks, and I believe it makes sense in the case
>> of adding platform data as a workaround during transition to full DT
>> support. But for simply mapping clocks please follow the same style as
>> we have done so far, which is what Morimoto-san pointed out:

>> CLKDEV_DEV_ID("fc600000.sata_rcar", &mstp_clks[MSTP115]),

>> Also, I don't think SATA is needed as an early device so it should be
>> enough to register it late as a regular platform device. =)

> BTW, Sergei, which branch are you using for R-Car H1 DT booting ?
> I'm not sure detail, but, I guess R-Car H1 DT detection needs
> simon's latest branch.

    I noted in the cover letter that the patches are against the 'next' branch.

> If you are using old branch, DT detection will be failed ?

    Those old/new branches sound too vague for me.

WBR, Sergei