Subject: [PATCH 3/3] ARM: tegra: refactor tegra{20,30}_boot_secondary

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Warren)
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 11:28:28 -0700

On 02/21/2013 11:24 PM, Joseph Lo wrote:
> From: Hiroshi Doyu <[email-masked]>
> 
> "tegra_boot_secondary()" has many condition branches for some Tegra
> SoC generations in a single function so that it's not easy to compile
> a kernel only for a single SoC if one wants with some reason, debug
> purpose(?). This patch provides SoC specific version of
> boot_secondary(), tegra{20,30}_boot_secondary(). This could allow
> any combination of SoC to be built. Those boot_secondary functions can
> be preparation when we ntroduce chip specific function pointers in the
> future without having chip dependent branches around.
> 
> Also removed unused definition/prototpye.

That "also" is really something that should be a separate patch, since
it's not related to the code refactoring that's the main purpose of this
patch.

However, I'll let it slide this time, since I think both patches would
just end up in Tegra's cleanup branch anyway, even though I did already
point this out (multiple times?) during downstream review:-( You're
getting lucky because I don't feel like reviewing this again.

I'll apply this series once I can apply patches for 3.10.

One note to anyone else reading this patch: It does look like this is
duplicating code that was previously nicely shared in
tegra_boot_secondary(). However, I believe it's appropriate to do this
in this case, since the equivalent code for future SoCs (such as
Tegra114) is extremely different, and so the current shared code won't
end up being shared, and this would just make tegra_boot_secondary()
over-complex with conditionals when adding Tegra114 support.