Subject: [PATCH v4 0/2] Uncompress debug for multiplatform

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Warren)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 11:30:02 -0600

On 03/11/2013 11:03 AM, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 07:35:35PM +0800, Shawn Guo wrote:
>> Instead of giving zero support of uncompress debug for multiplatform
>> build, the series turns uncompress debug into one part of DEBUG_LL
>> support.  When DEBUG_LL is turned on for a particular platform,
>> uncompress debug works too for that platform.
>>
>> OMAP is an exception here.  OMAP low-level debug code places data
>> in the .data section, and that is allowed in decompressor.  That's
>> why Kconfig symbol DEBUG_UNCOMPRESS that controls multiplatform
>> uncompress debug support is defined with !DEBUG_OMAP2PLUS_UART.
>>
>> Changes since v3:
>>  - Create Kconfig symbol DEBUG_UNCOMPRESS for building in
>>    multiplatform uncompress debug support, so that we can leave
>>    out the platform which is part of multiplatform but not ready
>>    for being part of uncompress debug like OMAP example.
> 
> Wasn't Tegra also having problems with this as well?

Tegra isn't converted to multi-platform yet. I hope to in 3.10. If this
series is something that could be put into an arm-soc topic branch for
me to build on during the Tegra conversion, that might be useful
(although I haven't looked at the series to be sure).