Subject: [PATCH V2 4/5] ARM: DT: tegra114: add KBC controller DT entry

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Warren)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 12:47:37 -0600

On 03/11/2013 11:59 AM, Laxman Dewangan wrote:
> On Monday 11 March 2013 11:13 PM, Stephen Warren wrote:
>> On 03/09/2013 11:11 AM, Laxman Dewangan wrote:
>>> NVIDIA's Tegra114 SoCs have the matrix keyboard controller which
>>> supports 11x8 type of matrix. The number of rows and columns
>>> are configurable.
>>>
>>> Add DT entry for KBC controller with compatibility as
>>> "nvidia,tegra114-kbc",
>>> "nvidia,tegra20-kbc".
>> I thought the HW really wasn't compatible with Tegra20 due to the
>> reduced number of rows/columns/pins supported?
> 
> Hw controller is really compatible. Only thing is that there is no
> physical pins on SoC for KBC-ROW11 to KBC-ROW15.
> Because, there is no physical pins for ROW11 to ROW15, we asked to
> remove programming/reference this rows from  TRM of T114 to consistent
> with SoCs.

I think that makes the HW incompatible. If you only have knowledge of
Tegra20/30, you can assume that there are more rows/pins/columns than
there actually are. Applying those same validation restrictions on
Tegra114 will yield validation that isn't strict enough; invalid values
could be accepted.