Subject: [PATCH V3 0/9] ARM: tegra: add platform suspend support

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Warren)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 11:38:30 -0600

On 03/13/2013 02:01 AM, Joseph Lo wrote:
> This series introduces a basic functionality for Tegra to support the
> platform suspend and resume.
> 
> Note: This series only adds the support for Tegra20 and Tegra30. The
> Tegra114 will be supported later.
> 
> This series were depending on the patch below that not yet be merged into
> linux-mmc tree.
> "mmc: tegra: use mmc_of_parse to get the support of standard MMC DT bindings"

Is that a compile-time dependency, or a run-time dependency? I assume
this is simply a run-time dependency, and is also only a dependency for
suspend itself to work; there wouldn't be any other regressions due to
ignoring that dependency?

In other words, if I simply apply this series without "mmc: tegra: use
mmc_of_parse to get the support of standard MMC DT bindings", then the
only issue is that suspend, a new feature, won't work correctly yet? If
so, I believe I will ignore that dependency. The new feature will work
in linux-next and 3.10-rc1.